Saturday, May 26, 2012



Food. I've heard some people like it. I also hear it's different if you go somewhere else. I'm going to start taking pictures of things I eat. So here's some of that.

The first is a small noodle shop on my street. I really dig this place, because they're open super early/super late, the food is amazing, and a giant bowl is about $2. It's run by a Muslim family with a toddler who is always running about getting into things. It's interesting that because he's so young, I've seen him grow up a lot in my short time here.

They actually have many dishes, but the one I usually get consists of extra wide noodles, with meat, peppers, garlic, and onions all in a delicious sauce. They make the noodles from scratch right in front of you, which is pretty snazzy. Overall, I like this place, and I want to write a review about it on Yelp. Alex Shebar, if you're reading - get on that.



Another interesting place are these little coffee stands all over the city. They sell coffee, of course, but also have things like tea, smoothies, that sort of thing. I had never gotten anything besides coffee before, but the other day I was very impressed with their mango smoothie. They also have a little grill where they make these little crepe things called shou jwa bing. That's not how you actually spell it, rather how you pronounce it. But for a quick snack or breakfast, they can't be beat. A flaky crepe like thing, with seasoned strips of chicken and tomato sauce on the inside. All of this can be yours for the low, low price of 65 cents. They have other varieties like egg, and different seasonings, vegetables, etc.. But so far the chicken one has been doing very well to me.








Also, I've said this before, but America - please steal the Chinese McDonalds. Quite frankly they do everything better than you, and every month or so there is a brand new sandwich to try. Not that I try to go to McDonalds every chance I get, but when you walk by it and see a chicken sandwich topped with bacon and cheese, you try and resist it. Last month it was one that had a tortilla chip on it. On a sandwich. A giant tortilla chip. Before that a burger with mashed potatoes.

The Chinese do fast food better than America - who knew?

1 comment:

  1. Yay food reviews! I want to try all of these things.

    ReplyDelete