Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hello America!

For anyone who didn't know already, I am back in the USA. I actually lucked out from Beijing > Seattle, as the plane was only about half full. Consequently I got a whole row of seats to stretch out in. In addition, I watched three movies:

The Dark Knight
Safety Not Guaranteed
Goldeneye (because shut up, it's awesome)

Upon landing in Seattle, I had biscuits and gravy, and it was amazing. Also, props to Seattle for covering their whole airport with free wifi. I shouldn't have to thank anyone for that. Its fucking 2012, every airport and hotel should have that complimentary. If you charge me $3 for a coffee, I think the least you can do is spring for a $20 router. Anyway after connecting to Cincinnati, I had been awake for about 34 hours. But of course, I had to immediately to get some chili. So after 36 hours I got a long deserved sleep, even though I'm still having trouble adjusting to the time difference.

I don't have too much more to say, other that I hope I can meet all of you sexy people soon if I haven't already - you should hit me up on Facebook. I'll close with a list of "Lessons from China" I wrote while I was there. Maybe you'll find them as interesting as I did.

  1. Never lose your curiosity to explore new places
  2. Respect only those who deserve respect.
  3. Maintain a strictly professional relationship with your boss
  4. Maintain a strictly friendly relationship with your coworkers
  5. Be a strict asshole for the first class
  6. The Chinese are overly obsessed with money
  7. The Chinese are your best friends if you know them personally. If you're another stranger, fuck you
  8. According to several of your adult classes, 70% of Chinese men cheat on their wives/girlfriends at some point. Please refuse to believe this
  9. Chinese kids are put under an insane amount of stress to succeed. However they are remarkably inept at basic life tasks

No comments:

Post a Comment