Sunday, January 20, 2013

Farewell America!

A big thank you to everyone who came out last weekend to see me off. It's unfortunate we weren't able to go shooting, but I'm going to try and squeeze it in the last few days I have here. I'm also glad I was able to get some ribs, chili, and a LOT of Mexican food. I'd estimate about 50% of my diet during this past month and a half was in burrito, nacho, or taco form. I figure I better enjoy it while I can.

I've begun the process of making a mental checklist of everything I need to do before going. It's a pretty brief list, that essentially consists of:

1) Get some Taiwanese Dollars
2) Acquire chili powder

As I learned from going to China, chili is not a thing over there. If you go in unprepared, you're going to be chili deprived, which in terms of vital functions for me is up there with oxygen. I actually don't have much to bring, in fact, I have even less to bring than when I moved to China. Turns out, a lot of stuff I took I just found I didn't need. It shouldn't be an issue to condense everything of my life into one suitcase, which just feels amazing. I also don't need to bring any winter gear, as the record low temperatures are mid 50s. You might be thinking "oh my god, that's amazing!", but I love cold weather. During the summer I am going to be thinking "oh my god, please murder me!" I'm hoping AC will be more widespread.

My flight is at 9:25am on Thursday, so the time is fast approaching. I get to have a stopover in my favorite airport in the world, Tokyo's Narita. You laugh, but every time I've been there it's been wonderful. I also stop in Detroit, which if you haven't been has a super awesome "Bill and Ted" trippy tunnel connecting the terminals. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how pumped I am.

And that's about it! The next update will be when I am on the other side of the world. If you ever want to say hello, just look at the ground and wave. Also feel free to visit. Taiwan is the China that is BFFs with the US, so you don't need a visa or other pesky things to come. I will also give you a baijiu shot. Trust me, it's delicious.

See ya, Cincinnati

No comments:

Post a Comment