Sunday, November 27, 2011

The street cleaners here are just awesome. Not only are they cool to watch, but they play a whimsical tune like the ice cream man. But instead of rocky road, they serve up soap flavor. It would not surprise me if that was an actual type of ice cream, though. I say this as I munch on Italian Meat Flavor Lay's Potato Chips.

Obviously I survived my previous ordeal, and even managed to make it home last night. I went out with a few coworkers and had a very bizarre meal - REALLY spicy squid soup which I could just not eat without crying. There was also a fried carrot dish with powdered sugar on top. It reminded me a lot of a funnel cake. Some dried chicken and veggies evened everything out.

I'm still finding myself getting up pretty early, but I'm adjusting. Some of the guys came over last night and we had a few beers. Which, the beer here is just tragic. Tsingtao is the only decent one, which is like saying Budweiser is the only good beer in the States. The beer at the restaurant was about 5 proof - hardly worth drinking. Sometime this week David is going to show me where the Tesco is. Hopefully sooner rather than later, there's a few things I'm needing to pick up. He also said that they have gin (!!!!), and although it's not great, it's the only way to get a buzz without drinking four gallons.

I finally finished unpacking, and am starting to settle in. While rooting through my stuff I came across a Skymall I snagged on my first flight. I think Skymall is trying to walk the line between "Actual Stuff People Would Buy" and "This Is Such An Absurd Product It's Entertaining". This post's picture would be from the latter category.


No comments:

Post a Comment