Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Are you sitting down? You'd better sit down. I'm about to blow your mind.



Do you know what those are? Shut up, I'm going to tell you what they are. Those are curly fries. From McDonalds. They're pretty much carbon copies of Arby's, but it may be the most amazing thing I've seen in my time here. You want a Big Mac with regular fries? You're a fool and we're no longer friends.

(curly friiiiiies!)

We had our staff dinner a few nights ago at a swanky hotel. Something I've noticed about Chinese food is that the more fancy it is, the more I dislike it. I mean I suppose the cabbage in some sort of duck sauce is good, but honestly the local noodle place around the corner is usually better. This is by no means an isolated incident, pretty much every fancy dinner here I've been underwhelmed with. That being said one of the women from marketing kept feeding me wine. And more wine. Then we ran out of wine, and she somehow magically produced another bottle for just the two of us. I think her goal was to get me totally shitfaced, and she certainly succeeded. I had to rally and come back to play some sort of random game that I only vaguely remember. After that we all went to karaoke, which resulted in me bouncing back and forth between four rooms:

1) The room most of the foreign teachers were in
2) The room where most of the local staff were in
3) The room where the new receptionist was hanging out with her friends
4) The room of the group that high fived me in the hallway, because why not?

Basically it was a whirlwind of activity that night, and after getting home I PTFO.

Also we got another foreigner at work, an Aussie. He is super chill and one of my favorite people to come along in a while. Lately some people at work have been getting a bit under my skin, so he's a much appreciated breath of fresh air. I don't mean to complain though, work is going pretty well. If anything I'm getting a touch overconfident, but so far nothing has exploded in my face.

I have been bugged by two separate people to blog more, and I want to - I'm just like, super busy right now. And starting Thursday is Spring Festival, which is a whopping 9 days straight off of work. I've also been encouraged to participate in HAF by Ben and the Zaj. If you don't know what HAF is, that's probably for the better. But guys, ask and you shall receive. I'll try my best to get some pics, but here's the new beautiful receptionist at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment