Friday, January 6, 2012

The reports of my death / incarceration in a labor camp have been greatly exaggerated. It was simply a case of light treason, when I contracted to build homes in Iraq for Saddam. By the by, there's always money in the banana stand.

Chinese New Year is fast approaching at the end of the month, which means I get a lovely week and some change of time off to do god knows what. Originally there was talk of going to Thailand with the Redditors I met on New Years, but unfortunately our days off don't line up. So we were thinking about just going anyway, because Thailand sounds swanky. Or just going to Shanghai. It's all up in the air honestly, and I'm unsure what will happen.

We got a new employee yesterday - Rebecca from New York. She's been in China about a year and a half, and had a fantastic time last night with a trip to a Korean restaurant and a dive bar. When I say dive bar, I mean this bar is where dive bars go when they want to take it down a notch. It was seedy in the figurative and literal sense, in that they provided you dishes of sunflower seeds to munch on. They also provided spicy crackers, and these pickle-like things. We played some dice game which is remarkably good at improving your Chinese counting. After that Toby and myself were paid money if we could eat the entire plate of crackers and pickles in x time, respectively. We both came through just under the wire, and I actually kind of liked the pickle like substance. No idea what the heck it was.

Also it turns out I will be a kindergarten teacher. Myself and the lovely Allison have been given a class full of the rambunctious little scamps. I am so going to color inside of every one of those lines. The destruction begins next week.

Now here is my New Years, recreated in some photos/video. It started off with the green tea latte I just adored, as you can see below:


And following that, we met up with Leon and repeated this 10 second clip for about 30 minutes:


After that it was off to a club, and pretty much everyone was exactly like this:



And before the evening ended there was this fucking creepy clown:


Yllen has a lot more pictures I haven't gotten from her yet. Enough happened that night to fill an album itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment