Sunday, January 1, 2012

I've got a feelin'... that tonight's gonna be a good, good night (a feelin'!)

WooOOoooooOOO!!

At long last I met up with some Redditors in Hangzhou. They live in the next suburb over called Binjiang, which necessitated a trip to an area Yllen nor I had ever been to. It's actually a really nice shopping center with tons of shops, not to mention the only Dairy Queen I've seen in China. I'll probably head back one day and get lost there.

Unfortunately Google kind of lied to us. It said there was only one Starbucks in Binjiang, which in fact there are two. Guess who showed up at the wrong one? After much confusion and me trying to tell the cab driver what I was told in terrible Chinese, we were on our way and finally met Leon. Leon lives in a really swanky building with a bunch of other teachers, although their apartments are about the sizes of a closet. We met a bunch of friends, Redditor and non-Redditor alike, and went up to the roof to blow things up. It's the tallest building in the area at about 30 stories, so the booms and bangs shooting over the city sounded especially cool.

I warned Yllen before going that the evening might be kind of lame, just a bunch of guys sitting around talking about Reddit and other nerdy things. Oh how wrong I was. There were 3 other girls there, 2 from the US and one from the UK. They instantly hit it off and carried on for the entire night. We went to three different bars, and even ran into a coworker at the second one. I will say I have never seen so many good looking people in my life. The second club especially was packed full of about half Chinese, half westerner. Chinese girls take note, this is where you go to get a foreign boyfriend.

Overall, it was a completely crazy night and we made a bunch of new friends. I also found out that Starbucks plays god and mixes green tea and coffee to make a Green Tea Latte.

Mother of god. <sunglasses>

No comments:

Post a Comment