Thursday, March 1, 2012

Well. Damn.

I should actually be in a pretty foul mood, but for once the weather is fantastic and I get to go back to work. However, in the past three days, let's run down what has happened:

1) I lost my phone in a cab
2) Ripped my jacket pocket
3) Had my washing machine break on me
4) The bike station next to home is out of order

#1 is sort of a blessing I suppose, because now I have an excuse to buy a shiny new phone, and one that will work on the Chinese networks. The downside is I have to find one. I've been looking at getting a Google Nexus or a Geeksphone Zero, but the latter has to be sent from Europe. Regardless it will be another toy to play with, but I'll be able to run Android 4.0 on it. However that also means no more pictures for a while.

#2 and #3 aren't so bad because I can take my clothes to the laundry lady, and she'll patch up the pocket.

#4 I'm actually really angry about! I've grown quite fond of the biking system around China. It's so incredibly convenient, and best of all it's free. Plus it's been forever since I've ridden a bike, I'm starting to become quite adept at it.

Yesterday was a nice day of shopping in Hangzhou, and finally, months later, I'm proud to report I am done Christmas shopping except for one, perishable item. So, Christmas in June when I go back home. It was also a night of heavy drinking and meeting one of my coworkers friends, who is just an amazing person. Hopefully get to see more of her soon.

Just tragic about losing that phone though :-)




1 comment: