Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ho, ho, ho!

The school's Christmas Pageant was larger than anything I could have imagined. I knew they were renting out some sort of hall in a hotel for this thing, but I had no idea they were renting out an aircraft hanger at the Ritz. The hotel was luxurious, massive, and had lots of elephants and giant chairs. I don't know why they had elephants and giant chairs, but every main hallway was adorned with them. As a result of the pacing of the show, I had to first show up in a suit, then back to Santa, then a suit, then Santa, then suit again. I have been told both pics and video exist of the event, a claim which I vehemently deny.

Unfortunately timed though, I was beginning to get a cold the day of the show. By the end of it it was in pretty full force, and I had to keep excusing myself to the restroom during practice. I managed to power through, but unfortunately that meant skipping out on the after party. It also resulted in me using up the last of my Benedryl. I'll have to find more here before I get sick again. I found some Robitussin at a pharmacy, which exist in some sort of parallel universe where modern day medicine and 1000 A.D. clash. On one side of the store are your big name drugs, the other your dried eucalyptus root prepared by a druid.

We went into Hangzhou again yesterday to do some more Christmas shopping and go to a western supermarket called City Life. City Life is fucking expensive. There's not too much to say about it other than that, but it culminated into another trip to Eudora Station. I met a bunch of really cool people from Indonesia, my roommate passed out and was put into a cab. The best thing about the trip though, was that we went into another supermarket that had Soju! It was about $1.40, so not too much more than it is in Korea. This is by far the most reliable way I've found to get a buzz on here, so I'll be back to grab more. I offered a taste to my friends, who one by one found it repulsive. Even Yllen, so I don't have to share it with her! She also said she's going to read this post right after I put it up. Which, have I told you how nice you look today?

No comments:

Post a Comment