Sunday, December 25, 2011

You ever do a beer run? How about a turkey run?

I went into the pharmacy to pick up some more allergy meds to replace my Bendaryl. I got this really fantastic Chinese dictionary app on my phone, so I typed in "allergy" and showed it to the clerk. She says "Oh, blahbidity blah blah!" and runs off to get something. She comes back with two boxes, one appearing to be pills, the other something to mix in a drink. I say thanks and take the pills. She tries to also give me the mix, which I politely decline. She then grabs the box of pills and forcibly puts the mix with them. So now I'm getting the impression they go together, but then I have to think what the hell are these pills? I'm looking for some Diphenhydramine, Presudoepiphendrine or something similar. Now I have mystery pills, powder, and a confused look on my face. She insists that's what I need, so I bought it and left it at that. One of these days I'll try taking it to see if I start hallucinating.

For Christmas Kyle pulled out all the stops and imported a bird from the states. However since the Chinese don't really know what ovens are, it had to be cooked in the one at school. We were over at Emilia's and Goran's for Christmas since lunch, which meant a run back to work. I was already quite sloshed on wine and took it upon myself to wear a panda hat that I think is for girls. Anyway Kyle and I had to run back and get it, but I'd be damned if I took that hat off. I had a lot of funny looks and giggles on the way over.

So we arrive at work, and it needs to bake another 20 minutes. Since they don't celebrate, the local staff was all working. But we convinced one of the local teachers to come along with us, and I just in general acted like a drunk fool around the office. On the way back Kyle told me if I drop the turkey I'm fired, which made for a nerve wracking walk. But all said and done I got to eat one of the best turkeys I've ever had, along with mashed potatoes, spanish rice, and all the trimmings. Followed by Apples to Apples. You know, just like every other Christmas.

So the pic today is a sign on the floor of my bank. I have no words.

1 comment:

  1. Do I need to send you a Christmas present of Benadryl? :P Is that even legal? lol But I'll totally do it! :P

    ReplyDelete